Writing Workshop: The Reborn of a Passion

Sunday, April 20, 2008 Fay 0 Comments

Yesterday I attended a writing workshop (“Reporting for an International Audience”) at Casablanca Jakarta with IT gals from 9 am to 6 pm. It’s interesting! The speaker, Mrs. Sarah Page, is an inspiration… I guess that’s because we have the same “soul”, writer’s soul hehehe… ;-p

She shared about her career journey a little bit (I wish I could hear the complete and detail version of her story…) I always interested in a person’s story of her or his journey to fulfill God’s calling in their life, that kind of story has always become an inspiration for me and encouraged me to pursue and keep on going for God’s calling in my life too. Now she works as a Chief Editor in Compass Direct, a Christian website focused on news about Christian people who suffers because the lack of justice and religion conflicts in their countries.

Surely she has a spesific passion for news… I think my spesific passion is different from her ;-p We both love to write but on a different path, I never interested to write or report a news ;-p I like writing articles, thoughts, and opinion about a certain topic. But anyway, what she taught and shared at the workshop was really good, because she didn’t only share about the journalism principles but also shared about her passion.

She also gave a list of websites where we can learn online about journalism and photography. That’s very great! Hehehehe… cause it means I can learn online, right from my computer at my office ^.^ I hope I still can learn in the middle of the hectic of my job… Now I’m still searching a way so I can get online from my computer at my dormitory with a low cost, cause I guess I need to download quite a lot.

The other side effect from the workshop… Well, me and my IT gals agreed to speak in english and write in english too on YM, to practice our english. This is gonna be great ^o^ cool… hehehe… cause that agreement will “force” us to get used to english (but if in case we can’t communicate with english to talk about our job, we can still discuss it in Indonesian ;-p). Yeah, everything needs process rite? Hehehe…

0 comments: