Tested Faith: A Butterfly in Her Cocoon

Thursday, July 17, 2008 Fay 0 Comments

"I learned that faith isn't tested by how often God answers my prayers with a yes but by my willingness to continue serving him and thanking him, even when I don't have a clue as to what he is doing."

(Quote by Gary Thomas)


I found this quote in someone's blog and it really has remind me to keep my faith in Him... even though I just have no idea about what He's doing now in my life. I have one wish that I really want to fulfil, but until now I only have His promises, a sense in my heart (I still don't know whether it's from Him or just an expression of my own desire), and some longing thoughts...

But I guess maybe this is a time to exercise my faith. To keep on going, doing well, exploring and growing... while still hoping and knocking on Heaven's door. I believe He knows better than me, He can see things that I can't see, so all I need to do is just trust in Him, trust in His timing and His wisdom. I'm sure He will open the door when He thinks it's best for me and on the right timing...

I think I just need to think deeper about the lesson from a butterfly. At first, she was a caterpillar. Then, before she become a butterfly, she must passes a season as she has to stay inside her cocoon. I like to call the season as a time of waiting, a process that if it responded correctly, it can be an opportunity to produce patience, faith, trust, and wisdom. From the outside, it seems just a cocoon from time to time, it seems there's nothing happened, nothing has changed... But even though we can't see anything change (nor progress) from the outside, there is something happen inside the cocoon. Her strength is built, her wings is formed, her transformation is happened...

It is said that if there's someone help a butterfly out of her cocoon before it's time (before she can get out of it by herself, naturally), then actually this person is weakening her instead of helping her. Because her strength to fly is built as she is struggling to get free from her cocoon. It's an important process for her to enhance the strength of her wings, her ability to fly, and her capacity to be completely transformed.

I guess we (like it or not) must have ever to get through a season when we are in the cocoon. And our response will determine the result of our transformation... Will we be stronger or weaker, more beautiful (better) or worse?

It's a natural, and definitely an inspiring process to be learned... don't you think so?

0 comments: